Monday, February 16, 2009

florida's great escape

I didn't race the Florida Great Escape, but rode my bike to the race site to watch jarrod shoemaker and kevin collington battle it out. I was utterly amazed at the running speed!! jarrod looks like he's running on air, considering he held 4:53 pace for 5 miles in sand! Kevin had a really good bike split, avg. 26.8 mph, in the hills, for 18 miles! watching them gave me alot of motivation to continue training and follow my dreams.

At the end of this week i am going to do the junior benchmark tests for the swim and the bike. the swim is a 200yd free with a minute rest and then an 800yd free. i hope to go like 1:59 in the 200 and around 8:30 for the 800. I think i should be able to do it, b/c this morning's swim practice i did 5x400s odds swim evens pull, and the swims i descended down to 4:13. The bike test is a computrainer test starting at 150watts and increasing 10watts every two minutes until you can't go any longer. Hopefully i can get up to 285 watts.

The shin is doing great and running is coming back, considering im only doing zone 2 running. I ran on sat. with jarrod, an "easy" 7 miles at 6:30-6:50 pace, and ended up with this giant, i mean giant blister on the bottom of my right foot, which is starting heal up now so thats good. Well hopefully the running continues to go well, and the benchmarks go well.

Catch you later,
Nic

No comments: