Saturday, February 28, 2009

final benchmark

Today at around 5pm i did my final junior benchmark test, which consisted of a 30 minute ride on the trainer at 260 watts then a transition into a 2 mile time trial run. I did well on the ride, which i though was going to be alot harder than it was. My run wasnt so great though, probably because it was only my second run with intensity since december, so i was happy considering. i went 11:16 in the run, first mile 5:34 second 5:41. Matt video taped it and i watched a portion and knew right away my form was way off. My turnover was way to slow, so now i have something to focus on in the coming weeks of my running. I've run a 10:20 2 mile when i'm in shape in high school track so i know i can go alot faster but its going to take time and several weeks and months of good running, so i'm up for the challenge!!

In the mean time, i'm going to put in a good swim block to see if i can get the world class times for the junior benchmark swim test. (while continuing to work on my running)

No comments: