Monday, March 8, 2010

First Race of the Season!






The USAT Elite Development Series #1 ITU race was at Lake Louisa St. Park yesterday and was my first race of the season. I am overall happy with the race but there are def. some things I can improve on. Coming out of T1 my shoe strap come out and I slowed down to fix it when I should of just kept riding to not lose my pack. I also had a horrible T2 but that will get better with more racing that I do. Other than that I was happy with my swim considering the quality of the field. I came out of the water in 6th and had a solid ride considering the shoe problem. My run was also good, considering a two day taper. All in all I'm glad I got to do an ITU style race so close to home with such great competition, it gives me an idea of where my fitness is and what technical things I need to work on for the bigger races coming up.

I also wanted to thank all my friends/sponsors who help me out a great deal. Epic Cycles USA is located 10min from my home, and Roman and Jude are the coolest guys, they help me with everything on my bike including bike fit, race wheels, and bike maintenance. Emily and Nicole at West Orange Massage Therapy are awesome girls who give great athletic massages to get me race ready and recovered, they are fantastic!

Oh thanks to Doreen Landi for the great pics!

No comments: