Sunday, March 14, 2010

Winter Park 10k Grand Prix Finale




The Winter Park 10k was the last race of the Grand Prix Track Schack Series, and I'm proud to say I won my age group 19-24 for the series! The 10k was tough with lots of turns on brick roads and puddles on practically every turn, but either way I ended with a pretty solid time of 35:36. My splits were 5:34, 5:38, 5:38, 5:39, 5:42, 5:51, I thought I went out conservative and finished strong but it looks like there is still alot to learn about the 10k. I also rocked a headband and my new Zoom Streak XC 2 so I looked like some runner from the 1970s which was fun. Next up is the Great Clermont Triathlon and I'm pretty excited b/c its my home town race, and the course is on the roads and trail that I train on practically every day.

No comments: