Thursday, January 28, 2010

Seanons 52 5.2k




Its been a while since my last race in November, but i felt very prepared for this race considering i had put in solid track sessions. The week before the race i did 3x 1mile w/ 90sec rest at 5:15, 5:10, 5:08, and it was super windy out, so i had alot of confidence going in. Probably too much though, because i went out with lead pack at the start of the race in a 5:02mile. I think my body was just shock from not being used to that pace and i just died after that, my 5k split was somewhere around 16:49, so i wasn't too upset, but i definetly learned my lesson and won't make that mistake again. My next race is the Run around the Pines 5k where i hope to PR again, with a consistant pace. My training is going really well considering I am injury free. I also have starting riding a swimming a little more as i am building into the triathlon season.




oh...i almost got beat by a girl to as you can see in the photo, she went 16:52 through the 5k which is fast!




Nic

No comments: