Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Proffesional Triathlete!...and the Swim.....

Well as of about a month ago Marc and I decided that my swim needed some serious work if I was planning on racing as Pro in ITU draft legal races, so I have been swimming w/ my old swim team, Fast Lane Aquatics, under head coach Alec Rukeseuv. I have had some pretty insane swim workouts that I think will pay off later on. I swim with the club about 3 to 4 times a week in the afternoons and do my other training during the day, as well as attend school.

I have also been putting in some serious run mileage, somewhere around 65mi per week for the past couple months which I think is really helping me to become a better runner. Right now it is all base phase work, but once the season starts I should be ready for some serious speed work and ready to run fast and to my potential at races. I have a 5k this weekend, the seasons 52 5.2k so we will see how it goes.

Off to the pool for a solid swim now.....

Cheers

No comments: