Saturday, January 22, 2011

New 5k PR!!! 16:05!

I am pleased to announce that I ran my fastest time ever in a 5k this morning at the Park Ave seasons 52 5k. Its actually 5.2k which is annoying, but my 5k split was 16:05 which I am very happy about considering it is about 15sec faster than my previous best time. I went it into the race with no real expectations, because all I have been doing is ez base training. But I was well rested and coming off of a some serious high volume which I think has really made me a better runner.

During the race I started off pretty fast and settled into a group of 4 guys and we soon we began 'bringing people in' after the first mile. From then on I started to feel good and picked up the pace a little bit and before I knew it we had a mile to go and just started throwing the hammer down, and really accelerating. I have never felt that strong in the last mile in a 5k ever, I am certain its the heavy mileage I have put in over the past couple months. My splits were 5:11, 5:16, and 5:04.

Hopefully I can post some pictures later.

Nic

No comments: