Sunday, October 18, 2009

UCF 5 miler




I had a great race today at the UCF 5 miler. The weather was excellent, around 50 degrees, and the result gives my a lot of confidence for the 10k and next triathlon season.

I haven't competed in a race longer than a 5k in a while so i wasn't really expecting anything great based on my low mileage, so i was just out there to have some fun. Marc and I ran together for the first three miles, despite my not feeling that great for the first mile i stuck with him and we talked strategy and tried to stay relaxed. On the fourth mile i was feeling really good and just took off from the guys i was running with and passed about three people ahead of me, and i just kept the momentum going into the last mile. I was really happy with the splits because my last two miles were faster than my first, when i was expecting to slow down a little towards the end. My splits were 5:37, 5:47, 5:45, 5:31, and 5:34 and i finished in 28:16.

Im looking forward to increasing my mileage while staying healthy this winter, and bring my running to a new level.

1 comment:

MBE Multisport Coaching said...

who's that handsome guy in the red behind you?