Sunday, September 28, 2008

2nd at Miracle Miles 5k

yesterday, i raced in my first open road 5k in like a year. My PR going in was 17:30, so i was expecting to crush that time. Marc told me to build into it, but i took that too much to heart. I felt (again) way to comfortable on the first mile. My first mile was 5:47 which is not good at all so, as soon as realized that i picked up alot and started passing guys in front of my. I passed like 4 people going into mile 2 and by the last half mile i had caught second place. According to Marc's calculations i went 5:47, 5:33, and 5:10, and :33 for the .1 of a mile. I felt like i was flying on the last mile so the time makes sense, but definetly i learned from this race, and hopefully over time i will learn how to control my running and pace alot better. the overall time was 17:03, so i was happy with the PR.

No comments: