Saturday, August 15, 2009

Celebration of Running 5k/Fun day







I ran the Celebration of Running 5k this morning right outside the Orlando Science Center. It was a hot and humid, usual summer florida day. I felt great the day before on an easy run and race day i was ready to go. I took it out very controlled and around mile two a exploded from the kid i was drafting and passed 3 guys to finish in 16:56 which ties my best time. And i am very happy because i ran my best time on a hot and humid day and after about a month and half of tapering. I had junior nationals last week and felt no pressure about this race, so it was really fun. Alot of the cool guys i train with (Dave, Richard, Josh, and my coach Marc) also competed and most had great races as well.






I went MTBing later in the day too! w/ felllow training partner Timmay. I ate it in the first quater mile trying to go too fast around a turn, but i learned my lesson and slowed down and luckily im not hurt. We MTBed in Wakiva springs, it was great fun the trails went alot further than we expected which was cool, but there were some rough sections with tree roots. Its all part of my 2 week break that begins today!!! Tmrw were going to much better trails up in Ocala National Forest, were i hope to have a good time but not bust my ass and screw up my running season. Oh we also went kayaking which was cool, fun day anyway!

No comments: