Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Couple Home Races


I raced the first Lake Louisa Sprint tri early this month. I have to admitt the it was much harder than i expected. Since the lake is so shallow its basically a 400yd dolphin dive, 7 mile bike, and 1.5 mile run. It was really all out from start to finish and the heat added to the intensity. I went in a little too confident, and was suprised when kevin came off the bike with me, and giving me a run for my money. Luckily i gapped him a little and took the win, but the following race, Central Florida Triathlon Series, the tables were turned and excpecting again to maintain the lead i got from the swim i was suprised to find kevin pass me a little before mile two on the run and then put a minute lead on me. It was also really hot and humid that day. Its been really hot and i must take that into consideration my next couple of races here in FLA. The heat also effects my training, so i plan on spending some time up north next summer to get away from the heat.

I have a packed racing schedule with the Watermelon 5k this weekend, MPM triathlon in Cleaarwater next weekend, and my junior worlds qualifier in California the weekend after that, so intensity is the name of the game lately.

No comments: